* 1986: The first Five Guys location opens in Arlington, VA.
* 1986 - 2001: Five Guys open's five locations around the DC metro-area and perfect .. read moretheir business of making burgersâ€¦ and starts to build a cult-like following.
* 2002: Five Guys decides DC metro-area residents shouldn't be the only ones to experience their burgers and start to franchise in Virginia and Maryland.
* 2003: Five Guys sells out of franchise territory within 18 months and starts to open the rest of the country for franchise rights.
* 2003 - Present: Five Guys expands to over 300 locations in over 25 states.
* There are over 250,000 possible ways to order a burger at Five Guys.
* We use only fresh, never frozen, ground beef.
* There are no freezers in Five Guys locations, just coolers. Nothing is ever frozen.
* We use only Peanut oil.
* We use only Idaho potatoes.
* Our menu is trans-fat free.