Papa Murphy's pioneered the take and bake concept and is the largest take and bake pizza company in the world. The company is now the fifth largest pi.. read morezza chain in the country based on U.S. locations.
* 1981 Papa Aldo's Pizza was founded in Hillsboro, Oregon
* 1984 Murphy's Pizza was founded in Petaluma, California
* 1988 Terry Collins purchased controlling interest of Murphy's Pizza (15 stores)
* 1990 Terry Collins purchased Papa Aldo's Pizza (65 stores)
* 1995 The chains were merged into a single entity named Papa Murphy's International, Inc., a privately held corporation based in Vancouver, Washington
* 2004 PMI Holdings, Inc. a Delaware corporation, merged with Papa Murphy's International, Inc. The partnership with the private equity investment firm boosts Papa Murphy's already vigorous expansion plans.
* Today there are over 1,100 Papa Murphy's stores in 32 states and Canada
Papa Murphy's empowers its patrons. Not only do they decide which fresh, high-quality ingredients top their pizza, but customers have the pleasure of baking it right in their own ovens for a piping hot, delicious meal whenever they want. The dough is prepared daily in Papa Murphy's neighborhood stores using high protein wheat flour. Each pizza features fresh ingredients, including 100 percent all-natural, whole-milk mozzarella, cheddar and provolone cheeses. Real meat toppings, with no fillers, include savory Canadian bacon and premium salami, pepperoni, Italian sausage and ground beef. Other toppings, including fresh Roma tomatoes, whole mushrooms, green peppers and onions, are sliced and diced daily.
98% of Papa Murphy's stores are franchised. It is the energy and entrepreneurial spirit of our franchisees that makes Papa Murphy's the innovative and customer-centered organization that it is. Without the hard work and dedication of our franchisees we would not have been able to experience the growth and success that we have seen over the years.