First National Bank was organized on September 1, 1905. The Main Office was originally located on Sixth Street but was moved to Liberty Street in April of 1956. When established in 1905, First National Bank of Waynesboro was under the leadership of Palmer L. Corker. Mr. Corker served as president until 1918, the bank grew and prospered during the 13 years of Mr. Corker s leadership. When he retired in 1918 Judge William H. Davis was elected president and held the position for ten years, until 1928. Simeon Bell served as First National s third president through 1929.