Gerald A. Nortz, Inc. was established in 1924 by Gerald A. Nortz. His initial business was selling new Chrysler & Packard automobiles. The first store was located in a downtown Lowville building when it outgrew that and another location, he moved to the current site in 1935. By that time, he was also selling Sterling trucks. In 1945 his son Thomas, after serving in World War II, joined the business as a mechanic. He was soon helping his dad on the sales floor too.
Over the years many changes have occurred. A storage addition was added in the 1940's. In 1954 a fire destroyed the block building next door. In 1957 they purchased the lot and it became the new car display lot. A 3 bay addition to the shop was added in 1960. In 1974, a body shop was built.
Stop In and find out why our customers keep coming back