Pensacola Glass Co was founded in 1936. It had meager beginnings in a shop located at 46 East Chase Street in downtown Pensacola. Two brothers, who had previously founded Dothan Glass Co. in Dothan, Alabama, partnered with their brother Harold Pitman to open Pensacola Glass Co. in 1936. This followed the tradition of family involvement in business endeavors. The economic growth in the Pensacola area brought great success to this business venture.