Fred (Michael) M. Cutrer, M.D., is a neurologist who specializes in headache medicine. His clinical focus includes the diagnosis and treatment of:
• Episodic and chronic migraine
• Cluster headache
• Headaches resulting from high and low cerebrospinal fluid pressure
• Less common headache syndromes such as SUNCT, paroxysmal hemicranias, hemicranias continua, hypnic headache
• Medication overuse headaches
• Trigeminal neuralgia
• He has been treating patients with complex headache syndromes for the past 25 years.
In addition to his clinical activities, Dr. Cutrer is active in research and education, providing mentorship to residents and fellows. His research interests include the genomics of migraine and anti-migraine therapies and functional neuroimaging in migraine. He is the director of the Mayo Headache Fellowship Program in Rochester, Minnesota.
Dr. Cutrer is currently the enterprise chairman of the Headache Division of Mayo Clinic.